




I am in love with my daughter! She is such a little angel. We have been home from the hospital already a week, I can't believe how fast time flies. Mike keeps telling me before we know it she will be off to the Temple. I just want to savor every moment. I can't help but to just stare at her, I finally have a little girl of my very own.
Her birth caught us a little by surprise. Last Tuesday I went in to the OB for my 39 week appointment. I asked my doctor if she could scrape my membranes. I had been having some contractions here and there but I thought I could use a little jump start to things. She said sure and proceeded. As she finished she had a very stunned look on her face. She asked if I had broke my water, I said no, not that I know of. She said, well I think I just broke it. Sure enough, she had indeed broke my water. Talk about jump starting things. She came back in the room and said, Megan, your having a baby today! I was off to labor and delivery.
I had planned a whole natural birth with most of my labor being at home. Julia had some plans of her very own. They had to put me on Pitosin to get contractions going, which created some very heavy contractions. I labored for about 8 1/2 hours naturally and then at about 5 cm I decided I needed the help of an epidural. I went from a 5 to 9 cm in 45 minutes. They turned off the epidural and as I begun pushing it wore off. I pushed for about an hour with a nurse. When Dr. Delozier came in I pushed three times and my beautiful daughter came into this world at 10:40 PM.
She was so alert and so mellow, just looking all around. I was just in shock. I couldn't believe I had just given birth to a baby. We have been so blessed! Julia was 6lbs 11oz and 18.5 inches long. She is perfectly healthy. She began nursing right after she was born, and hasn't stopped yet. She is an amazing eater. I call her my little Parana. Mike is so in love with his little girl. He has been such a support and a help to me. He is enjoying his time off from work, hanging out with his girls. We are so happy and look forward to many joyous occasions together as a family!
5 comments:
Beautiful pictures Megan! She is an angel!;)
Oh, Megan. Those pictures capture her beauty so perfectly. She is the prettiest baby I've ever seen! (Mannix was handsom, not pretty:)
I am SO happy for you!
oh! She is so cute!! I'm dying to see her, but of course I got sick and now Adona is. We when are healthy we are going to be banging down your door!! Adona is in love, she made me move the screen so she could see the baby. She is so beautiful!!! I'm so happy for you Megan!!!
Congratulations! She is beautiful! Thanks for the phone call...haha. Once we are all feeling better...Cori has a terrible cold...we'll have to come visit. We are so happy for you and Mike!
What a beautiful, sweet face! I am just so happy for you two. Congratulations again! :)
Post a Comment